1897 – May 4th. Parish meeting decided to build a hall as the commemoration of Ash of Queen Victoria’s diamond jubilee. All parishes in England were expected to mark this anniversary in some way.
1897 – December 8th – Foundation Stone laid by Dr H.M. Chester of Poyle Park
1898 – June 1st – Hall officially opened by Lady Pirbright of Henley Place
1900 – July 25th – Clock presented by Dr Chester in memory of his mother.
1904 – Dr Chester gave the land on which the small halls are now built. One was initially fitted as a billiard room.
1906 – James Payne retired from the committee
1909 – A small fire in the hall was put out by the timely intervention of Mr W Denyer, the caretaker
1909 – During this year the billiards room was redecorated, a rifle range was installed and a reading room set up.
1916-15. Alfred Payne supervised classes in such subjects as poultry, gardening, home nursing, carpentry, drawing and shorthand and typing.
1920s – Women’s Pleasant Hour held on Tuesday afternoons
1924 – The Christadelphians began using the hall as a meeting place
1926 – A library opened in the hall.
1927 – Mr W Frewin retired from the committee
1937 – Clock weights lost down the well.
1938 – Hall used to issue gas masks
1938 – Heathcote School held an open day which finished at the hall.
1940 – Hall used as a school for evacuees
1945 – Youth Club established
1944 – Aldershot and District Table Tennis league began. Ash Victoria Hall had a team
1947 – Weekly dances began featuring the Bob Potter and Billy Richard bands
1950 – Performance by The Ash Vale Players – “When We Were Married”
1958 – Ash Common School ceases to use the hall.
1962 – Ash Parish Garden Club formed and began meeting at the hall.
1963 – Joyce Thornton took over as caretaker and bookings manager.
1971 – Joyce Thornton began a youth club which ran for three years.
1979 – Ash Citizens Advice Bureau opened.
1988 – Ash Citizens Advice Bureau moved to The Ash Centre
1997 – 100 year old time capsule recovered.
2000 – New time capsule buried in the kitchen wall
2014 – Following a complaint by a neighbour the chimes of the clock were silenced between 11pm and 7am.